Re: Ballmer repeats threats against Linux

__/ [ flyer ] on Wednesday 21 February 2007 09:03 \__

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 05:11:37 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Tuesday 20 February 2007 21:37 \__
>>

>>http://news.com.com/Ballmer+repeats+threats+against+Linux/2100-7344_3-6160604.html?tag=nefd.top
>>>
>>> I wonder if they had the chairs screwed to the floor...
>>>
>>> -Ramon
>>
>>Whose chairs? Or tomatoes morelike...
>>
>>Rather than accept disruptive technologies, Ballmer seeks to change the
>>rules of the world to prevent this 'disruption'. Imagine forcing all
>>bloggers and amateur photographers to pay some creativity tax. Journalists
>>accepts things as they are. Meanwhile, Microsofty lobbies to have
>>'innovation tax' (software patents) around the world. Microsoft thinks it's
>>above the law. Maybe it is.
>
> The dancing stage donkey is just trying to pull a smooth,
> conservatively stated SCO manuever. (slimy)
>
> He's like a snake, hissing out a veiled threat from behind a bush and
> hoping people will believe the lie. (dancing stage snake?)

SCO Mk 2 - guess who!

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve Ballmer...
|
| ""We've had an issue, a problem that we've had to confront, which
| is because of the way the GPL (General Public License) works, and
| because open-source Linux does not come from a company -- Linux
| comes from the community -- the fact that that product uses our
| patented intellectual property is a problem for our shareholders.
| We spend $7 billion a year on R&D, our shareholders expect us to
| protect or license or get economic benefit from our patented
| innovations. So how do we somehow get the appropriate economic
| return for our patented innovation, and how do we do interoperability.
| The truth is, because of the complex licensing around the GPL, wea
| ctually didn't want to do one without the other."
|

| Recognise that language? Here's Darl McBride, CEO of SCO, in 2003:
|
| "The intellectual property roots of Linux are obviously flawed at a
| systemic level under the current model. To date, we claim that more
| than one million lines of UNIX System V protected code have been
| contributed to Linux through this model. The flaws inherent in the
| Linux process must be openly addressed and fixed."
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10004553o-2000331777b,00.htm

5 Ways in which Bush is like Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://findsecrets.blogspot.com/2006/11/5-ways-in-which-bush-is-like-ballmer.html

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Viruses to Linux are like cancer to a shark
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S