Re: [News] Novell: SCO Bankruptcy Imminent

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
SCO bankruptcy called imminent

,----[ Quote ]
| If this is the end it seems to leave Novell in a curious position.
| In its deal with Microsoft, Novell appears to have granted Microsoft
| the power to claim that Microsoft holds the same kinds of rights to
| Linux that SCO claimed, and fourth quarter downloads indicate that
| many customers are taking those claims seriously.

Once again, I say, no it's just the opposite.

If SCO falls, then the rights go absolutely to Novell.

Novell did not reliquish any "right" to Microsoft -- it simply agreed, for the time being -- not to prosecute them.

At any time, they may wish to fully exercise their rights.

All SCO proved was that both Microsoft and Sun felt their technology impinged enough on Unix (now Linux) that they had to acquire very expensive licenses. That is -- Microsoft fell into its own trap!

-- The Texeme Construct updated 1/4 http://john-bailo.blogspot.com updated often http://you-read-it-here-first.com