Re: [News] "Not releasing to Linux makes no sense"

__/ [ amosf © Tim Fairchild ] on Wednesday 10 January 2007 13:02 \__

> Aunty Diluvian wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:58:27 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Cutthecosta.com Releases New Travel Utility for Windows and Linux Users
>>>
>>>,----[ Quote ]
>>>`----
>>>
>>>http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9332.html
>>
>> It's commonly known that if you drive your new Mercedes only in the
>> better parts of the city, it is less apt to get damaged, or more
>> precisely, stolen.
>>
>> When you face a greater risk when driving in the less affluent
>> urban areas (slums), most common sense drivers will tend to
>> drive out of their way to avoid them.
>>
>> In the same vein, software manufacturers will tend to stay away
>> from the areas that pose the greater threat (software piracy)
>> and concentrate on the more stable, paying clientele.
>>
>> That's Linux. ie. (slums, software pirates)
>> vs Windows, ie. (affluent, paying clientele)
>
> Yeah, right. There's no piracy in the windows world :)
>
> Opps, that's right. Essentially all pirating is done by windows users,
> duh...

Common fact of life:

        Windows is popular among the rookies---those who don't know better. Educated
people can comprehend, appreciate and handle Free software. Thus, it is, at
least at present, the affluent people who use GNU/Linux. Don't believe me?
Look at Google. Then, go to countries where Windows is prevalent and find
that over 90% is pirated.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??
roy      pts/4                         Tue Jan  9 06:07 - 06:07  (00:00)