Re: [News] Novell: SCO Bankruptcy Imminent

__/ [ Alexander Terekhov ] on Tuesday 09 January 2007 19:42 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> [...]
>> http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/msft.png
>
> I have a bunch of MSFT put option contracts to sell you. Strike Price
> $0.2010 in 2010.
>
> How much can you afford? (Must be sure profit, take a credit.)

To be honest, it won't go down as quickly as that. Microsoft has some other
business divisions (it's no accident), but the software (particularly the
O/S and software that's bound to it) will suffer from the generation of Web
services and Free software. I might add that Microsoft has gone as far as
planning to manufacture chips. Micro_soft_ is becoming a hardware vendor.
Which reminds me... Apple unveiled the iPhone today and simultaneously they
renamed the company from Apple Computers Corp. to Apple Corp. They will work
with Cingular on their cellphone. The mobile industry already seems rathe
fearful, Microsoft included. I think it was Nokia, as well as Microsoft,
which has begun a gentle FUD wave against the iPhone.

By the way, as a little update, here's PJ's take on the orignal topic (Dana's
take): 'I have my own theory on the downloads -- I think it's most likely
folks who want the last "clean" and Microsoft-free SUSE, because they
*don't* want it in the future, due to trust issues and ethics issues.'

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox