Re: Linux embedded in phones

__/ [ Nick Ballard ] on Tuesday 09 January 2007 19:41 \__

> Snit wrote:
>> Is there any phone with embedded Linux that has the features and ease of
>> use of the iPhone (info can be found on http://apple.com).
>>

> Wow.  It's as if they re-worked the Newton housing and then crammed in
> an iMac.
>
> Windows, Linux, or Symbian makes no difference.  If that thing works as
> well as it looks, it will put all other phones to shame.

Palm handhelds have served as excellent MP3 players that use SD cards for
storage. Some of them, like the Treo, have the 'missing' functionality.
There's not much going for the iPhones other than style/hype. Same with the
iPods although I'll admit that what they did with the nano is worth a round
of applause. They actually created something unique.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, punch! Gas, gas!
roy      pts/4                         Tue Jan  9 06:07 - 06:07  (00:00)