Re: Microsoft: developers are a one-night stand ..

> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9007527&source=NLT_PM&nlid=8
>
>         Iowa antitrust case: Microsoft exec called software developers 'pawns'

You missed the best part:

   A Microsoft Corp. technical evangelist referred to independent
   software developers writing for Windows and the company's other
   software platforms as "pawns" and compared wooing them to convincing
   someone to have a one-night stand, according to testimony presented
   Friday against Microsoft in an ongoing antitrust case in Iowa.

   . . .

   In other comments about developers, Plamondon equated working with
   them to taking someone out on a first date. "It's like you're going
   out with a girl; forgive me, it goes the other way also. You're going
   out with a girl, what you really want to do is have a deep, close and
   intimate relationship, at least for one night. And, you know, you
   just can't let her feel like that, because if you do, it ain't going
   to happen, right. So you have to talk long term and white picket
   fence and all these other wonderful things, or else you're never
   going to get what you're really looking for."

Windows -- the one-night stand.

--
   Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.