[News] Company Open-sources Module, Sees Tremendous Public Interest, Then Open-source More

ICEsoft Releases WebMC, an AJAX-Based Web Conferencing Solution as Open
Source

,----[ Quote ]
| ICEsoft Technologies, a provider of enterprise AJAX solutions, has
| announced the release of WebMC, an AJAX-based web conferencing solution,
| as an open source community project.
|
| [...]
|
| "Since open sourcing ICEfaces earlier this month, we have seen an
| explosion of interest in the ICEfaces technology," said Steve Maryka,
| CTO of ICEsoft. "ICEfaces has now been downloaded well over 40,000
| times in a little over three weeks and momentum continues to build.
| We are committed to the thriving ICEfaces community and the release
| of WebMC is proof of that."
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/310979_p.htm

It seems as though ICEsoft Technologies witnesses the amazing potential of
Open Source. With increasing customer reach it has got a huge competitive
advantage. So it has just gone deeper into the same paradigm.