[News] Fedora Downloaded Every 7 Seconds

Fedora Core 6 reaches the 1 million mark in just 74 days

,----[ Quote ]
| That works out to approximately nine downloads per minute for
| more than 10 weeks straight.
`----

http://distrocenter.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/08/1937206&tid=107

Related:

300,000 installs of Fedora Core 6

,----[ Quote ]
| Today is the 24th day -- about 3.5 weeks -- since FC6 was released.
| Since release, we've been tracking the number of unique IP addresses
| that check in via yum for updates.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2006/nov/16/300_000_installs_of_fedora_core_6

That pretty much equates to the number of 'Microsoft Linux' (SLED 10) in
India alone.

,----[ Quote ]
| This is early days in terms of defining market share for the Indian
| market. It is still evolving. We believe we have set the bar very high
| with the launch of version 10. In just the last 20 days, 360,000 people
| have downloaded our new version i.e. one person downloading this
| software every six seconds.
`----

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ew/2006/09/25/stories/2006092500260400.htm

Linux: Ubuntu Founder On Microsoft "Challenge"

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical CEO Mark Shuttleworth talks why it may finally be time for
| Linux to out-innovate Apple and Microsoft on the desktop.
`----

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=20495&hed=Linux%3A+Ubuntu+Founder+On+Microsoft+%E2%80%9CChallenge%E2%80%9D+

In the above interview, over 8 million Ubuntu Linux users are said to have
been counted.

Mark Shuttleworth: Linux is the Future (Interview)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.youtux.org/content/view/186/2/