Re: Severe ActiveX Hole in Acer Laptops, Since 1998

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tim Smith
<reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:19:01 -0800
<reply_in_group-817C02.17190108012007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In article <1168268998.101488.213810@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  "Ericew" <ericew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH get a killfile and stop spamming the group wjbell.
>>

> Maybe Roy should stop spamming, so that wjbell won't have any spam to
> respond to?

An excellent idea!  That way, the trolls can come back and
spew a lot of vitriol backed up by no facts whatsoever
(and which most lurkers won't bother to check), and
ultimately run Linux into the ground so that Microsoft
Windows Vista (which will Fix Everything(tm)) will achieve
its goal of 100% desktop, mobile, and entertainment usage.
(That pesky Wii is in Microsoft's sights even as we speak.
It won't be long now.)

Or...even better (FSVO)...the trolls would come in and
ask silly questions like "what are you wearing today
and can I wear it with you?", or perhaps discussing
the quality of the football pitch upon which Arsenal is
going to play today (IIRC, that was DrSquare's favorite
team, though I'd have to look and I'm not up on European
football anyway -- nor did I really want to dredge up that
rather silly icon of his), quickly degrading the group
into the noise floor, if not below it, and suppressing
serious discussion by bellowing loudly "PREVERT! PREVERT!"
any time anyone mentions the term "Linux", "freeware",
"operating system", "open source", or "[L]GPL".

Or some variant thereof.

We're not quite there yet, though there are a few in
here who see flatfishes in every n00b post.  Of course,
there are a few in other venues who see aliens making
crop circles everywhere as well; it sort of goes
with the territory that there's a few crazy members of
H. sapiens sapiens out there, self-ascribed nomenclature
notwithstanding (H. sapiens sapiens literally translates
as "man, the wise, the wise"; we may be wise compared to,
say, platypuses, lions, and sharks, but there are times
when I do wonder whether the apes would have been better
off turning the Earth over to the dolphins at some point).

Welcome to Usenet.  The sanity check girl is over there;
she'll give you a ticket... :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Does anyone else remember the 1802?