Re: Sony does not Meet Shipping Goals in Delivery of Linux-ready Consoles

__/ [ Quantum Leaper ] on Monday 08 January 2007 20:49 \__

> "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Sony ships 1 million PS3s in N. America
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070108/ap_on_hi_te/sony_ps3_sales
>>

>> You seem to have missed this very next sentence in your quote:
>>
>> - "The figure is about half of Sony's stated goal of 2 million PS3s
>> globally by the end of 2006."
>>

>> So they shiped "about half" of their goal of 2-million. But I guess
>> that's "close enough" and they really did make their goal?
>>
> Sony was going to release the PS3 back in March 2006 in Japan,  looks like
> they missed that goal,  though they did make the Novermber 2006 goal of
> shipping to North America.
> I guess if you keep moving the goal posts it gets easier after a while.

Microsoft moves it goalposts as well (XBox 360). Several times, as a matter
of fact...
--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S