[News] Review of GNOME's AmaroK Clone

Review: Exaile Media Player

,----[ Quote ]
| One of my favorite open source applications is Amarok, a music player
| with an intuitive interface that makes boring tasks such as organizing
| large music collections less troublesome. The only problem with Amarok
| is that it's a KDE application and I'm a GNOME user. Although there's
| nothing wrong with running KDE programs on GNOME, they take a long
| time to start, since they need to load the KDE libraries and
| components they depend on first. I've found a good alternative
| in Exaile, my new favorite media player for Linux.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/03/2140240&from=rss

AmaroK still puts to shame many proprietary counterparts. It's recent
versions are stable and relatively bug-free.

Related:

Amarok Weekly Newsletter - Issue 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Show album covers in collection browser. Experimental patch by Trever
| Fischer I think this is pretty cool. Maybe we should limit size of the
| images though?
|
| Here is a screenshot describing the feature in its current form
`----

http://ljubomir.simin.googlepages.com/awnissue4

Last.fm Suggestion feature for amaroK

,----[ Quote ]