Re: Luxpro wins against Apple in Taiwan

  • Subject: Re: Luxpro wins against Apple in Taiwan
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:36:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Monday 08 January 2007 09:55 \__

> On 5 Jan 2007 09:30:31 -0800,
>  Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "On the heals of coming out on top against Apple in a in patent
>> infringement case (concerning the iPod shuffle) in Taiwan, Taiwan-based
>> Luxpro has resumed shipping its MP3 players in the local market and the
>> company has filed for US$100 million in damage compensation against
>> Apple"
>>
>> http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20070104PD213.html
>
> sweet! I liked their little gizmo a lot better than the shuffle.

I personally think they crossed the line. I remember seeing it in Dvorak
Uncensored. The two are merely indistinguishable, which leads to a battle of
reputation and confusion. The same possibly goes for "Linux XP" and other
knockoffs. I mean, sooner or later you might realise that Shuffles favour
the use of Ogg Vorbis and Linux can actually BSoD. [sarcasm] Windows XP is
damage the reputation of Linux XP [/ sarcasm].

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon