Re: The Fight for Open Standards is Being Won

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Sunday 07 January 2007 17:06 \__

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9007378&source=rss_news50

>>> See Also
>>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
>>
>>> In a survey on the same page,
>>> 45% said Firefox was the best browser.
>>> 30% said Opera was the best
>>> 14% said Safari was best  (remember, Safari is Firefox for Mac)
>>
>> I thought safari was based on the KDE html rendering engine used in
>> konqueror?
>
> Yup

I have always wondered if Apple contribute back (through committal) to KHTML.
Parasite or a true social entity in this particular respect...?

I can't think of many Libre Open Source projects that Apple Corp. actively
contributes to [1]. Adding Cocoa support to OOo doesn't count and I don't
know if NeoOffice is affiliated with Jobs and his Toy Store.

[1] Google on the other hand...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
Mem:    514480k total,   485948k used,    28532k free,    13300k buffers