[News] Windows-based E-voting in Holland Raises Hacking Fears

New fraud concerns over Dutch ballot computers

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dutch group believe the Sdu machines suffer from a
| potential weakness: they run under Windows XP using a
| wireless modem.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/05/new_fraud_concerns/

Related:

Wi-fi users largely insecure

,----[ Quote ]
| While 77 per cent of respondents used anti-virus software and 72
| per cent used a firewall, only eight per cent encrypted their data
| and only 14 per cent used a secure, encrypted link to the internet.

Alarm Raised for Critical Broadcom Wi-Fi Driver Flaw

,----[ Quote ]
| The vulnerability, which exposed as part of the MoKB (Month of Kernel Bugs)
| project, is a stack-based buffer overflow in the Broadcom BCMWL5.SYS
| wireless device driver that could be exploited by attackers to take
| complete control of a Wi-Fi-enabled laptop.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft's Windows operating system is exploitable without the
| existence of an access point or any interaction from the user.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20061111/tc_zd/193827

Judge Rules Against Ballot Computer Check

,----[ Quote ]
| A judge ruled Friday that the Democrat who narrowly lost the race to
| succeed Rep. Katherine Harris cannot examine the programming code of
| the electronic voting machines used in the disputed election.
`----

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/judge-rules-against-ballot-computer/n20061229193309990007?ecid=RSS0001
http://tinyurl.com/y7jpoo

E-Voting Raises New Questions in Brazil