Re: WSJ Office 2007 Review is Mixed

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Bold Redesign Improves Office 2007 But Learning Curve May Be Too Steep for
> Some Users
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "it requires a steep learning curve that many people might rather avoid.
> | In my own tests, I was cursing the program for weeks"
> `----
>
> http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB116786111022966326-T8UUTIl2b10DaW11usf4NasZTYI_20080103.html
>

> Related:
>
> Microsoft's Remodeled Office

It's difficult to figure out how a review of MS-Office 2007 has
anything at all to do with Linux advocacy? You could almost rationalize
posting links about Vista because it's at least a operating system and
it's a stretch but at least one could argue that it's comparing Linux
to another OS.

But Linux is a kernel and what does comparing the Linux kernel to a
office suite have anything at all to do with Linux advocacy? Then it
finally hit me. MS-Office 2007 is a *preview* of what future versions
of OpenOffice will look like in a year or two.