Re: [News] Novell Takes Another Jab at Red Hat

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Thursday 04 January 2007 20:34 \__

> Novell CTO Touts 'Mixed Source' Strategy, Takes Jab At Red Hat
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Jeff Jaffe, Novell's chief technology officer, writes that his company
> | is not going to go down the Open Source-Only strategy path, as he says
> | Red Hat has:
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Companies like Red Hat start with Open Source and end with Open Source.
> | That misses the market.
> `----
>
> http://www.crn.com/weblogs/thechart/blog.jhtml?id=196801063
>
> They are now combatting Linux instead of fighting for migrations from
> Windows to Linux. That is precisely what Microsoft wants Novell to do.
> Microsoft and Oracle (among others) are scared of Red Hat. From this
> afternoon... some more incidents of Novell using FUD tactics against Open
> Source Linux distributors:
>
> Novell Talks Red Hat, Still Sidles With Microsoft
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | ...it seems evident that Novell is after Red Hat's customers while it
> | remains obedient to (READ: scared of) and ?plays nice? with Microsoft.
> | It is a case of Linux fighting Linux, which is precisely what Microsoft
> | sought to achieve when striking this deal, also paying a lump of money
> | for easier persuasion.
> `----

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/01/04/novell-talks-red-hat-still-sidles-with-microsoft/

Update: Ray Ozzie and Microsoft's Digg shill (Trent) have commented on this
blog post from Asay.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/which_should_no.html

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
Mem:    514480k total,   474684k used,    39796k free,     5100k buffers