Re: [News] Larry Lessig Was Wrong on GNU/Linux

begin  risky.vbs
	<10qtoep3uhx9e$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 16:20:23 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I Blew It on Microsoft
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| We pro-regulators were making an assumption that history has shown
>>| to be completely false: That something as complex as an OS has to be
>>| built by a commercial entity. Only crazies imagined that volunteers
>>| outside the control of a corporation could successfully create a
>>| system over which no one had exclusive command. We knew those
>>| crazies. They worked on something called Linux.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.01/posts.html?pg=6
>
> He seems to be saying that the MS Antitrust trial was a mistake, and
> that the market would and has been correcting itself.

Your reading comprehension is as lacking as ever Erik. The MS
Antitrust trial wasn't a mistake. It was an utter failure once Bush
got into office and imposed nothing more than a slap on the wrist to
MS. I'm still amazed that no charges of perjury have been brought
against anyone from MS for the lies they made during the trial. US
justice is a joke.

Because of that failure MS still maintains, illegally, its desktop
monopoly. The sole reason that monopoly is now threatened has nothing
to do about the market but is simply due to Linux and OSS.  A better
alternative to most with no market restrictions. Cannot be bought or
forced into bankruptcy by a giant with loads of cash.

That's why MS are so scared of Linux and OSS. Their money is all but
useless in combating it. They have tried very hard with their 'get the
facts' campaign lies and FUD just like you continue with your lies and
FUD on COLA.

Despite all MS's, and your, lies and FUD Erik, Linux and OSS is
booming.  Vista is looking more like a damp squid every day.

None of this has been brought about by market forces. Its been brought
about by the efforts of many to produce an OS and apps that aren't
controlled by an illegally maintained monopoly that has set back
desktop computing by a decade and more.

--
Security is one of those funny things.  You can talk about being "more"
secure, but there's no such thing.  A vulnerability is a vulnerability, and