Re: Gates Talking Looney Stuff Again...

  • Subject: Re: Gates Talking Looney Stuff Again...
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 4 Jan 2007 07:12:02 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> A Robot in Every Home
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Although a few of the domestic robots of tomorrow may resemble
> | the anthropomorphic machines of science fiction, a greater number
> | are likely to be mobile peripheral devices that perform
> |                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> | specific household tasks.
> | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> `----
>
> http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=9312A198-E7F2-99DF-31DA639D6C4BA567&ref=sciam

Let's see... this robotics article is a 'feature article' in Scientific
American magazine. Maybe some people here aren't familiar with
Scientific American. It's been around since 1845 (about 162 years) and
guys like Roger Penrose, Steven Hawking have written numberous articles
for the magazine. This thing called the "Unified Field Theory" by some
guy named Einstein was first published in this magazine as well. So
obviously this magazine is a corporate mouthpiece and some sort of paid
Microsoft shill.

Jeeez. Simply put, Roy Schestowitz is a fucking idiot. Instead of
actually reading the (excellent) article the moron decided to judge a
book by its cover and bash it based on the author, instead of the
actual content.

The name of the article is "A robot in every home." Roy Schestowitz
should contact Scientific American (or Digg.com if he gets turned down)
and write an article about himself. He could call it "A moron in every
newsgroup."