Re: [News] Hardware Manufactured Exclusively for Linux?

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:30:06 +0000
<5003243.5sYO3ZdOA7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Pull in HDTV with Linux and the HD-5500
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I've spent the past few years using an ATI TV Wonder analog video
> | capture card running under Linux. Although this card has served me
> | well, times and technology have been a'changin'. That's why I
> | recently purchased a pcHDTV HD-5500 to see if HDTV was all it was
> | hyped up to be. I can report that HDTV under Linux is not only
> | possible, it's fantastic.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | "Linux support for the HD-5500 could not be better. The card is
> | manufactured with the sole purpose of being used with Linux.
> | There are no Windows or Mac OS X drivers available."
> `----
>
> http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/19/1627229&from=rss

It would appear that

http://pchdtv.com/faq.php#faq0000005

states otherwise.  Admittedly, it's far from clear which driver type
takes precedence, and they don't mention 64-bit drivers, which will
hamper 64-bit Windows users for awhile.

It would appear, however, that things are a bit confused on their
website; if one adds a card to the cart the cart reprises the paragraph
above, contradicting the FAQ.

It's a nice gesture but the follow-through looks slightly confused to me
personally. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
People think that libraries are safe.  They're wrong.  They have ideas.
(Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)