Re: IBM Lowers Linux TCO

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Big Blue cheaper than Red Hat

Obviously Roy has never actually had to purchase any IBM equipment.  Do
you have any idea how much they overcharge for hardware, management
consoles, and consulting services just to make the damn stuff WORK?

Sorry... the 1 yesr service contract for a 4 year old IBM cluster is
more than we spent on our latest complete dell cluster that includes 3
years of service;  Not even counting the fact they will only support an
expensive SuSE or RHEL build ( ppc64 hardware ).

-Eric