Re: [News] Linux Will Conquer the Desktop in the Future

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux Will Conquer the Desktop in the Future
  • From: ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:07:22 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:06:04 -0800
The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Conquering the Computer Desktop, one monitor at a time. :-)
>
> I'll admit I'm not sure when Linux will get a majority
> (the Year of the Desktop has been claimed for a few years
> now), but the Vista fiasco certainly won't help Microsoft.
>
> (Disclaimer: I'm a Gentoo man.  I've not tried Novell/SuSE.)

why does it matter to everyone so much that linux get a majority. why
can't we just be satisfied with the huge userbase we have already?

all it can possibly give is more chefs in the kitchen, is that what we
want? the key people are key because of their views, we dont want their
brain space distracted with stupid usability things from the 'majority'.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.s5h.net
just another perl hacker