Re: Looks like Roy is once again infringing copyrights...

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:59:13 +0000, Peter Hayes wrote:

> The use of the "BBC News" logo is suspect as it confers inappropriate
> authority to the item, and should be removed. Replace it with a link to
> the BBC's news site within the caption.

And it violates the BBC's trademark.

> Flawed journalism aside, the use of the images falls within "fair use"
> provisions, so other than the mis-use of the "BBC News" logo I fail to
> see your problem.

Using a work entirely does not fall under fair use, otherwise "real"
newspapers wouldn't need copyright permission to re-use images from the AP
or Routers.  What's more is that he altered and created a derived work of
the image.  That is most certainly NOT fair use.