[News] One Day, One Guy, 3 Faulty XBox 360's

Xbox 360: Does the X Stand for Shit?

,----[ Quote ]
| She goes out, buys a Core system and brings it home. Hooks it all up
| and the Dashboard loads fine. Great. Slap in Viva Piñata and we hear
| the following: KA-CHUNK, KA-CHUNK, KA-CHUNK, pwwwwweeeeeuuu?
|
| Disc read failure.
|
| Fuck you, Microsoft.
|
| We return it and bring home another system. The greasy electronics
| nerd tells us, ?This one will work, I got good vibes!?
|
| Red Ring of Death.
|
| [...]
|
| All I can say now is that if you?re going to buy an Xbox 360,
| better buy it in the morning from a well-stocked store with a
| liberal return policy because you may be making a few trips
| back there all day long.
`----

http://www.gamingoutloud.com/?p=45

Who the heck would want to run a Linux server on that? I might add that
several more sites seem to confirm that firmware hack was demonstrated and
that the XBox 360 may soon be Linux-'compatible'.

Related:

Gamers Say Microsoft Understates Xbox Problems

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/xbox_gamers02.html