[News] Linux Takes Over the Olympus M:Robe

Olympus M:Robe finally finds its calling: running Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're interested in taking advantage of the fruits of his labor,
| the modified Linux files are available for download, allowing you
| to breathe some new life into your favorite (or not so favorite)
| discontinued music player.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/31/olympus-m-robe-finally-finds-its-calling-running-linux/

Linux revives 'legacy' hardware, again.

Very recent:

Running Ubuntu Linux on Acer Tablet PCs Part III

,----[ Quote ]
| Installing Ubuntu was a snap. Since I had chosen to completely get rid of
| Windows altogether, instead of dual booting, I backed up all my sensitive
| data, music, Word documents, photos, etc., to my external NTFS hard drive.
|
| [...]
|
| In the end, it was completely worth the time and effort put into
| getting all the tablet and computer features offered under Ubuntu.
| The stability of Linux and its memory management ability alone
| convinced me to switch. Of course, there are hundreds of other
| benefits. Since this guide was written for Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, the
| procedures may be different for 6.10 and future versions of Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsid=679

Ubuntu Linux 6.10 on the Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 Tablet PC

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.justinclarke.com/archives/2006/12/ubuntu_linux_61.html