Re: [News] Linux - The O/S That Can Be Installed Without CD/USB/Network

> What about PC's without a CD-ROM drive? I have a 486 PC with a faulty
> drive,
> but it would be simpler and more effective to throw in a LAN card than to
> get a large Cd-ROM drive that's compatible. The Windows installation
> (95/98)
> make it possible to accommodate the drive with the ISO's.

If you are such an avid tinkerer that you would bother to fool around with a
486PC, I would imagine that you would be eager to have the drive replaced.
A CD-ROM to function with a 486 is all of $2 on eBay.  Also, I would very
much doubt that your old 486 PC has 192Mb of RAM and 700Mb spare hard drive
space.

If you need a source, here's 100 of them for ten cents each if you can
arrange the shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-100-Pc-Computer-CD-ROM-DRIVES-CONNECTICUT-PICKUP_W0QQitemZ250072627690QQihZ015QQcategoryZ42305QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250072627690