Re: [News] Sun Pulls a Fast One to Combat Red Hat Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Sun disguises price-hike as Red Hat discount
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | While it is undeniable that Solaris support is cheaper than that of
> | Red Hat Enterprise Linux ("about half that of equivalent offerings
> | from Red Hat", according to Sun, the fact is Sun has actually
> | *increased*t he price it is charging to support Solaris.
> `----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/01/sun_disguises_p.html

That's a bit of a daft jerno job really.

Sun puts it's price *up* and some jerno reports it as 'undercutting Redhat'.

Sun prices were already under cutting Redhat, they are in the process of
building the Linux side of their market but also because of the UNIX
support base Sun already has in place it is very likely a reasonable price
structure because very little really needs to be added to the support team
to cover Linux as well.

So in my view there was no story in there until the jerno twisted it in a
feeble attempt to create one.

DISCLAIMER: Jernos are rarely amongst my favourite people, I am not a lover
of bullshit generally, so if I ever say something that a Jerno might take
as derogaratory or insulting in any way what so ever, then it was likely
deliberate.