Re: Dirac, The Beeb's open-source video codec

begin  oe_protect.scr
spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | According to a press release from Sonos, the blokes over
>> | at the Beeb have decided to jump ship for relying on
>> | Realplayer for web content, and have switched over
>> | entirely to the Windows-friendly WMA format. Now
>> | that the BBC has made The Big Switch, BBC radio
>> | stations will be received automatically for users
>> | of wireless music and radio provider Sonos.
>> `----
>
> Doesn't matter what the article says, they've not dumped real format on
> radio broadcasts.

I think we need to make sure that they don't do so in the future,
though.  I suspect that it's unlikely, as they have a considerable
number of people using linux and open-source internally, but senior
people are always potential victims for the proprietary salesmen, as
they're generally so technically inept.

"Survey says..."
-- Richard Dawson, weenie, on "Family Feud"