Re: [News] Kernel developers are 'unfriendly': Torvalds

__/ [ cc ] on Wednesday 17 January 2007 12:17 \__

http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/Kernel_developers_are_unfriendly_Torvalds/0,339028227,339273101,00.htm

> "We have had other issues. Sometimes the kernel community is not the
> friendliest community and I don't like that. It sometimes scares away
> people."

Well, even Linus said he was a "bastard". Still, it beats the hell out of a
certain other project manager...

Jim Allchin: "We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger....If
you're going to kill someone, there isn't much reason to get all worked up
about it and angry. You just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand
are a waste of time. We need to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."

Talk about "scares people away"...

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, then learn how to knit
  1:20pm  up 90 days 23:34,  7 users,  load average: 1.31, 1.19, 1.07