Re: [News] Windows Developers Wary of Vista

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Tuesday 16 January 2007 05:21 \__

> On 2007-01-16, Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:32:30 -0500, amicus_curious wrote:
>>

>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Such a barren philosophy for the Linux promoter here.  "Linux will
>>> triumph
>>> if Vista is so bad that no one wants it."  That isn't much praise for
>>> Linux. Can't you find something that would make people want Linux
>>> regardless?
>>
>> You mean like how Linux is cheaper, safer, more reliable, more flexible,
>> more powerful... yet *easier* than its main competitors?  You mean like
>> how it frees the users from unwanted non-technical restrictions and
>> limitations?  You mean like how Linux ensures that the user, not the
>> corporation, controls what the user does with his OS and applications?
>>
>> Yes, well, we have all that.  Meanwhile, we have Vista - which, as one
>> regular pundit here terms things, is "commercial quality code".  You know,
>> unlike Linux.  This explains why Vista offers net performance downgrades
>> in gaming, etc... and why it is regarded as at best a bad joke by
>> security pundits amongst others... and why it takes something like three
>> times the hardware to pull of lesser GUI effects than Linux does...
>>
>> It's always amusing to watch the other guy fall on his face in the mud,
>> particularly when he's held up as being somehow the standard of excellence
>> and failing to deliver on virtually every front.
>
> You're so polite at this juncture. I'm at the point where I want to cuss
> and swear and scream like Lewis Black at all the idiots who are still
> pushing Microsoft shit. I've just had it up to my eyebrows with the
> shit.
>
> I think my vacation was too short and ill spent (although the
> motorcycles were great fun!).

Welcome back, Jason. Judging by the response from Google Groups readers (you
are probably the only one rated 5/5) your lack of presence was a loss.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
Mem:    514480k total,   480092k used,    34388k free,     4144k buffers