Re: Another Story About the Evils of Binary Drivers

flatfish+++ wrote:

> Baloney......
> If I had a product to sell, the absolute last thing in the world I would
> want is to be associated with /. and in particular Linux/open source
> wackos that inhabit /.  .
>
> Being associated with Tom's Hardware is one thing.
> Linux?
>
> Hahahaha!
>
> Talk about ruining ones reputation and I doubt Nvidia is interested in
> that.

You are correct in that Nvidia doesn't want to ruin their reputation.
You're not aware of the fact that Nvidia makes drivers for Linux and
has for many years? Those drivers are closed source, but they
definitively associsate Nvidia with Linux. That is also good
advertisement for Nvidia. The fact that they care for their consumers
so much that they are prepared to develop for a group that is less than
1 percent of the market.

So flatfish--- you might want to be a little more informed on fact,
before you try to riddicule your opponent.

/Your friendly neighbourhood Ewok