Re: [News] Legal DVD Playback for Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> InterVideo And Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | InterVideo is best known as a software company that makes DVD and
> | video software for PCs. Tens of millions of people have InterVideo
> | software on their computers.
> `----
>
> http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/LinDVD.jsp
>
> Already embraced by Mandriva Linux. It doesn't allow omission of
> adverts and other cruft though.

Cyberlink also released PowerDVD for Linux, six years ago:

http://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press_room/view_239.html

Although AFAICT it bombed, since I don't see a d/l link for it
anywhere.

Using the likes of MPlayer and Xine to play DVDs may be "illegal", but
AFAIAC the laws governing what I can do with legally purchased content
are bullshit, and therefore null and void.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support
| any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the
| success of liberty." - John F. Kennedy
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
 15:23:01 up 58 days,  7:44,  3 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.15, 0.25