Re: [News] Darl McBride's Role in Imminent SCO Bankruptcy

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 13 January 2007 14:13 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Darl McBride destroying SCO: bankruptcy looms
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| SCO has long been sueing IBM for using SCO intellectual property in
>>| Linux and AIX product. Linux lovers will applaud the downfall, if
>>| it happens - which, no doubt whatsoever, they devoutly wish - of
>>| Darl McBride's disputacious and deeply disreputable company.
>>|
>>| I'm just glad that people who once worked for SCO in the UK can
>>| relax in the knowledge that their pensions are safe even though
>>| the company, which many once loved, has been taken to the brink
>>| of disaster by its present management.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.techworld.com/storage/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=369&blogid=3
>>

> If I were an SCO shareholder or employee, I'd be seriously considering
> taking this chap to court.  His behaviour has been uniquely and
> demonstrably entirely inappropriate for CEO of a major corporate, and
> has quite clearly directly resulted in the demise of a perfectly viable
> company.  I would have thought that the board, supported by the
> shareholders, would be able to take very strong action indeed, but that
> the shareholders themselves should well be considering the possibilities
> of making good some of their dreadful losses directly from Mr McBride's
> coffers, which I'm sure are well-lined.

A glance at his personal Web site, as well as a recent interview where he
discusses his past, pretty much explains it all. I don't know how he came
into this position of authority. He needs to pony up a bit, or find haven in
a farming house. Aggressive people such as Mcbride lead to a predatory
market where people litigate, not innovate. Does Darl even program at all?

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
  8:20pm  up 87 days  6:34,  6 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.71, 0.88