Re: [News] Jim Allchin: Longhorn (Vista) is a Pig, Must Rise to Linux Challenge

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
>| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
>| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
>| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
>| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
>| heart. Jim"
> `----
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
> http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

I still strongly doubt that Microsoft have the required internal culture
to rise to the level of Linux and Apple.  You can see from the above,
even the senior internal guys who do understand what needs to be done
are unable to get the required changes made.  Microsoft are a
one-trick-pony, changing that might well be beyond the capabilities of
all who sail on her.

Jones' Motto:
	Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.