Re: Desktop Linux TURNS ON ITS READERS!

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Saturday 13 January 2007 04:29 \__

> Wow...talk about subversion:
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4155841183.html
>
> "Unfortunately, the Linux desktop doesn't always work
> Jan. 12, 2007
>
>  Opinion -- Can I be honest with you? The Linux desktop isn't always the
> right desktop. It is the right one for me 99 percent of the time, but even
> for me, there are times when I turn to another desktop.
>
> Still, for me, Linux is head and shoulders above any variety of Windows,
> and still a head above Mac OS X. For others, though, it's a different
> story. One such story is told by a gentleman named Andy in our articles
> section.
>
> Andy tried to get Ubuntu to work for him. For him, the Linux desktop just
> didn't work."

The same can be said about Windows. Would you let an 80-year-old
(grand)father use it to surf the Web? Will he not require support from other
people? How often will independence last?

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S