[News] Brooklyn Medical Center Saves Money with Open Source Software

Brooklyn's Lutheran Medical Center Selects Medsphere OpenVista
for Electronic Health Record Deployment

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source-Based System Will Help Optimize Patient Care in 476-Bed
| Facility
`----

http://www.medsphere.com/press/20070108

Related:

GNUmed 0.2.3 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Today we are releasing a new GNUmed version. Version is up to 0.2.3
| Version features and bug fixes are explained in our Wiki...
`----

http://www.linuxmednews.com/1166468892

Synapse EMR (Linux port)

,----[ Quote ]
| Synapse EMR is being ported to Linux. Alpha builds are now available to
| play with (Libc6).
`----

http://www.linuxmednews.com/1165874846

WebReach, Inc. Launches New Line of Health Information Network Appliances
based on Open-Source Mirth HL7 Engine

,----[ Quote ]
| Mirth has quickly become the most widely downloaded open source
| software for health information exchange, achieving over 5,000
| downloads in the four months since its initial launch.
`----

http://www.linuxmednews.com/1165440446

SCALE Announces Plans to Host Open-Source Health Care Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| The Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) has announced plans
| to host an Open Source Health Care summit as part of their
| upcoming 2007 conference, SCALE 5x. The focus of this event
| will be on the use of open-source software in the health care
| industry. The goal of this event is to foster an awareness of
| the availability of open-source options to medical
| organizations, private practices, and hospitals.
`----

http://prweb.com/releases/2006/11/prweb479705.htm

Your data or your life

,----[ Quote ]