Re: [News] Manufacturing Management Company Frustrated with Microsoft, Picks GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Manufacturing management company moves to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| High costs were the "coup de grâce" that forced the change, Harper says.
| "But it was more than just that. Microsoft has so many bugs, so many
| security openings. And we also had issues with memory leaks. The
| servers had to be rebooted. And the forced upgrade cycle was a
| constant issue. With Microsoft, we had two occasions where servers
| went down and we could not recover them. We had to totally reload,
| and once it took five days to rebuild it. We just said, 'This is
| for the birds.'"
`----

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/05/1643203&from=rss

Harper decided to standardize on Novell's SUSE Linux. "We didn't have anything against Red Hat, but we've had a longstanding relationship with Novell."
<<<

--
The Texeme Construct
updated 1/9 http://john-bailo.blogspot.com