Re: [News] Windows Vista is Not Finished Yet

On 2007-01-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Thursday 11 January 2007 15:01 \__
>
>> On 2007-01-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
>> something concerning:
>>> Disenchanted by Windows Vista
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/06/disenchanted-by-windows-vista/
>>
>> Alright! Service Pack 1 to Service Pack 3. Real MS INNOVA~1!
>
> There may not be Service Pack 1. Since Microsoft needs to keep Ballmer
> promise of frequent releases (roughly 2 years), SP1 might be called Fiji.
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Hotfix Preview
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Updated daily or whenever new fixes are found. Last updated on
>| 01/04/2007.
> `----
>
> http://www.vistasp1.net/
>
> In a recent interview that Jo Foley had with Allchin (BTW, did you know that
> Mary Jo Foley had an interview with Gates when they were both in their
> 20's?), Allchin said that he should have made XP SP2 a separate release,
> i.e. one with a distinct name. Can you imagine this? A bug-fixing release
> going under a different name and distributed with a price tag?

Sure. They did it from Winders 95 to 98, 98 to ME (which even they
admit was a retarded release), NT to 2K, 2K to XP (a failed "fix"), and
now XP to Vista. Why not have an interim wherein SP2 is Vista, Vista is
Fiji, Fiji is Bone'em (or whatever the next name is), etc?

> Imagine yourself RHEL, being as mission critical as it tends to be,
> inheriting or mimicking the same model. Fedora is probably the equivalent of
> Vista RTM. It's only for the brave and for non-mission-critical boxes and
> duties.

At least RHEL users could turn elsewhere, maybe getting one of the free
ones and paying for support. Winders users can't go anywhere and use
the same/a similar product.

--
A fool and his money are soon using Windows.