[News] Microsoft Not Confident About Windows, Reveal Internal E-mails

Microsoft emails reveal Tiger envy

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/103108/microsoft-emails-reveal-tiger-envy.html

| Allchin: "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
|                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

The Redmond Copying Machine?

,----[ Quote ]
| My recent video, which tweaked Microsoft for crowing about its
| "innovation" in Windows Vista (without acknowledging its huge debt
| to Mac OS X), triggered plenty of reaction. It probably comes as no
| surprise that your comments quickly devolved into "which is better"
| bickering, which will proably never end.
|
| [...]
|
| Then this e-mail message, which arrived today from a guy who says
| he worked as a Microsoft temp employee from 2003 to 2004. I've
| agreed not to publish his name.
|
| [...]
|
| "Around the corner was another grid, showing the RealPlayer
| application. This grid was the same: grid A1 was the front userv
| iew of the application, mirroring what was on the iTunes wall/grid.
|
| "Around the next corner was another grid, this one showing Windows
| Media Player version 9 !! This one was missing a few tiles in the
| grid, but you could actually see the progress as each feature [of
| iTunes and RealPlayer] was copied, square for square.
|
| "Amazing. New software is put out, a manager sees it and decides that the
| creative part of their day is making color screen captures of the
| software and presenting it to the copying--er, engineering team."
`----

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/12/18/the-redmond-copying-machine/

Related/context:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNuq94Zg_8

Software Notebook: Fun reading in Microsoft's Iowa lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/300590_software22.html

--
List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by
Microsoft to post in this newsgroup):

        flatfish+++
        Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
        Erik Funkenbusch
        Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
        Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
        Nedd Ludd
        Tim Smith
        OK
        DFS
        Lintard
        Terry
        Ana Thema

Take everything posted by the individuals above with a barrel of salt.