Re: 100-150 Millions of Windows Zombies Storm Web, Microsoft Blames Police

__/ [ peterwn ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 01:48 \__

> On Jan 27, 10:09 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net
>>

>> UK police 'not prioritising cybercrime', Microsoft says
>>

> If one of the major High Street banks supplied nothing but a wooden
> cupboard with a 50p hasp and padlock to store their money, I doubt the
> Police would give their break-ins a very high priority.
>
> Same goes for insecure operating systems.

Yeah, I'm sure the police can track down 150 million zombie PCs and find out
their bottmasters, who are probably spread all over the world, exchanging
scripts and doubling in numbers each month. Where does one even begin?
100-150 million zombies with hijackers in 'exotic' places...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:20am  up 4 days  8:38,  5 users,  load average: 0.69, 0.74, 0.56