Re: [News] Linux Foundation a Real Threat to Microsoft

begin  oe_protect.scr
Aunty Diluvian <AuntyDiluvian@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 03:12:28 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
><newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Another issue for Microsoft's Vista: a merger of open source foundations
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| With Microsoft's Vista launch, the world of operating systems islooking
>>| very different. A big problem: there is competition from open source
>>| approaches, especially Linux.
>>`----
>>

> This brings to mind an age old post in COLA.
>
>> Money talks and while standing in the same room with Microsoft,
>> those other guys will have little or nothing to say.
>
> The combined size and might of the open source foundation
> can't withstand the weight of the Army of Microsoft. They can
> form all the groups and foundations they want but it will amount
> to nothing. Press releases and magazine articles heralding the
> "inroads", "advancements" and :forward momentum" by the Linux
> community will be nothing but newsprint without fact or forum.

You're absolutely right, indeed, I have no idea why Microsoft is
spending so much time and effort on trying to beat the linux threat off.
Perhaps they know something which you and I do not?

> I won't say that they won't get any Linux converts from their efforts
> but overall they won't amount to much. Just a few more penniless
> dreamers hanging on the tattered coat tails of Linux.

And that would explain why you claim to use a linux-based gmail account,
then?

Now I can finally explain to everyone why I do this.  I just got $7 worth
of free stuff for working on Debian !