Re: [News] Fox News: Vista Could Lead to Linux Takeover

John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:
_eadnYB1FaeV2yXYnZ2dnUVZ_qHinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Windows Vista's 'Mac'-Ness Might Open Door for Linux Takeover
>
> Takeover what?
>
> Theres the existing machines that can't run Vista anyway, but run Xp.
>
> For these, there's the same arguments about advocating and conversion.
>
> There's the new machines that will come with Vista pre-installed.
>
> Again, same argument.
>
> I don't see that the strategic position of Linux on the desktop for the
> common user has changed one iota.

Oh I don't know, there are a lot of previously enthusiastic Windows users
that are publicly saying Vista is dissapointing.  I figure a few of those
will at least take a look at linux.

In any case, it's all speculation.  Linux may or may not increase in
popularity due to the release of Vista, but one thing is for sure, Linux
will increase in popularity, as it has been doing for the last decade or
so.

Will it overtake windows?  Not for a long time, if ever, but there is no
doubt that more and more people are using it each year.