Re: [News] New Project to Bring Open Linux Router

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 24 January 2007 20:44 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Open Linux Router Project Announced
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The Open Linux Router hopes to provide much more than basic
>>| router functionality. Among the features that developers hope
>>| to tack on is a file sharing server, firewall, and the
>>| capability to add services all on the same device.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=631&num=1
>>
>> Makes one wonder after Cisco's recent GPL violation. They have confessed.
>
> Good - and so they should!

I haven't read any of the articles about this thoroughly, but I hope they get
penalised for that. Otherwise, they will never learn and need for such
reported incidents will recur (many violation in the far east, I think).
Besides, the developers and the FSF could use the money. They are on
donation for the most part and altruism/recognition is the strong motivator.
Many rate it well above monetary and lifestyle-related rewards. In fact, a
study has just been published which attributes this to some part of the
brain (thus it's innate).

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
roy      pts/4                         Tue Jan 23 23:45 - 23:48  (00:02)