[News] Opera Special Edition for the $100 Linux Laptop

Opera OLPC Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| We have been testing Opera on the OLPC laptop since we received
| the "lean-mean-green-machine", as some here at the office like to
| call it. I have been keeping both the Opera page on the OLPC Wiki
| as well as my own blog up-to-date about work on it. We feel the
| time to be ready to show you the progress we have made.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/show.dml/704304

Related:

Video: Hands-on with OLPC

,----[ Quote ]
| Nick Negroponte's OLPC made an appearance at CES, in partner
| Marvell's booth. Marvell supplies the 802.11 b/g chipset, as
| well as a chipset made exclusively for mesh networking.
| Fortunately for us (but unfortunately for Marvell) we all
| know why everyone showed up, and it definitely wasn't for
| ICs. Take a look up top, or download at the bottom.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/10/video-hands-on-with-olpc/

Australia To Trial OLPC

,----[ Quote ]
| In a surprise announcement, the government of the Northern Territory
| has announced that they are testing the OLPC (One Laptop Per Child)
| machines with a view to launching trials in remote communities.
|
| The OLPC has been designed for children in the developing world, in
| regions that struggle for basic infrastructure like clean running
| water, and electricity. So it may come as a surprise to some that
| an Australian state government has put up a hand to trial the new
| laptops.
`----

http://www.localfoss.org/Australia_To_Trial_OLPC

Rwanda Commits to Low-Cost Laptop Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Rwanda is the eighth developing country to join the One Laptop
| Per Child initiative aimed at giving away inexpensive
| computers to all young students.

$100 laptop project eyes launch

,----[ Quote ]
| The first countries to sign up to buying the machine include
| Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Nigeria, Libya,
| Pakistan and Thailand.

Public can purchase $100 laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| The backers of the One Laptop Per Child project plan to
| release the machine on general sale next year.

OLPC to reach $100 laptop mark next year

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&newsid=8044