Re: The return of Mike Cox

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:30:52 +0000
<1313531.2UXEbhmC9C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 24 January 2007 00:34 \__
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mike Cox
>> <mikecoxlinux@xxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on 23 Jan 2007 16:23:41 -0800
>> <m1tzyh2rxu.fsf@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hello everyone. I've returned to COLA.
>>
>> Should we bring out the brass band or just quietly stick
>> our tongues out?
>>
>> :-P
>
> I hope he's one of the good guys. Scott Nudds appears to have just returned.
> Microsoft recruits heavily to support the release of Vista next week. We
> could use some plonkers. :-)

Well, Mike Cox is mostly harmless.  His "plonkers" include
a program that allegedly can change the home directory of
its parent shell, for example.  (I'll leave it to the Esteemed
Assembly to figure out why that is ridiculous on Linux, or
any Unix system for that matter.)

> http://groups.google.com/groups?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=mike+cox+linux
>
> Mixed reviews...

Very.

> You know, earlier today I was told by a reliable source that one guy who
> advocates OS/2 received death threats. "Microsoft plays hardball", I was
> told.

His username wasn't a variant of tholen, I hope? :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
New Technology?  Not There.  No Thanks.