[News] Microsoft 'Fights' Piracy, with Cartoon Heroes

Microsoft 'educational' comic

,----[ Quote ]
| Are Bill and the Boyz about to do a Captain Copyright, as the
| bizarre and ridiculous cartoon character Access Copyright dreamed
| up was called?
`----

http://p2pnet.net/story/11101

Related:

Microsoft seals its Windows and opens the door to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Now comes the really interesting question. With Vista's activation
| technology, Microsoft has the power to stamp out piracy everywhere. But
| will it choose to do so everywhere? After all, if folks in China or
| Thailand or Ethiopia have to pay for Vista, they won't be able to run
| it because they won't be able to afford the licence fee. In which case
| they may finally wake up to the attractions of free software such as
| Linux - and it's easy to imagine what that will do to Microsoft's
| plans for world domination.
|
| It's a delicious prospect: Microsoft impaling itself on the horns
| of a dilemma it has created for itself. Roll on Thursday.
`----

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,,1956941,00.html

How Piracy Opens Doors for Windows

,----[ Article's summary ]
| Bill Gates may not be entirely dismayed by software thieves. They
| seed the world market and make Microsoft a standard.
`----

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-micropiracy9apr09,0,414067.story?track=tottext

Vista Anti-piracy Effort Will Drive People to Linux?

See the third comment.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/microsoft_antipiracy_will_drive_people_to_linux.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535