Re: BREAKING NEWS: Microsoft, Novell win Wal-Mart as Linux customer

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 23 January 2007 21:44 \__

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-novell-win-wal-mart-linux/story.aspx?guid=%7B06E75EBB-A70E-4D37-AF40-F286E9F3225C%7D

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6152247.html

,----[ Quote ]
|      'She said the intellectual property protections in the Novell deal
| give Wal-Mart more confidence in using Linux more broadly.
|
|     Questions over intellectual property are a "huge problem," Stewart
| said. The company now uses Linux in the data center of its current Web
| presence but had some trepidation with the idea of expanding it a much
| larger operation.
|
|     "To think about using it pervasively, we were very concerned about it,"
| she said. The larger Web operation would have "significantly higher legal
| exposure."'
`----

And yet more FUD from the Microvell propaganda machine. Novell implicitly
suggests that Linux needs to pay money for software patents infringement.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.