[News] It Was Open Source That Drew Intel to Sun Solaris

Intel: Open source drew us to Solaris

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source was behind Intel's decision to add Solaris to its list
| of supported operating systems, according to a top official from
| the chip giant.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,61983979,00.htm

Related:

Intel: Only "Open" for Business

,----[ Quote ]
| These vendors often want a quiet private discussion, because in a
| quiet private discussion they can continue to dismiss the requests and in
| the end do absolutely nothing. They do not want a noisy public
| discussion, because then they look bad. But they DESERVE TO LOOK BAD,
| because they are being bad to those who bought their hardware!
|
| [...]
|
| By withholding, Intel is being an Open Source fraud.
|
| [...]
|
| So let's win back the rights to run the hardware we purchased.
|
| Please feel free to let other open source communities know about this
| matter. Thank you.
`----

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20060930232710&mode=expanded

EU antitrust experts seek charges vs Intel-source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070117:MTFH01539_2007-01-17_10-23-02_BRU005303&type=comktNews&rpc=44