Re: [News] BBC Speaks About Vista's DRM Nightmare

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Vista copy protection is defended
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In a report looking at the impact Vista would have on video and
>| audio playback, he described Vista's Content Protection specification
>| as "the longest suicide note in history".
>|
>| He said Vista was "broken by design" and intentionally crippled the
>| way it displayed video.
>|
>| "The sheer obnoxiousness of Vista's content protection may end up
>| being the biggest incentive to piracy yet created," he wrote.
> `----

> Perhaps [H]omer's open letter to the BBC (viewed over a thousand times and
> reached the FSF) played a role and had a real impact.

I'm quite sure all of these things have an impact.  The BBC is very
sensitive to information bouncing around the media, because it is so
much of it, and it has to defend its licence fee to an all-too-skeptical
public.

I say keep on writing!

SEMPER UBI SUB UBI!!!!

[ Always wear underwater ]