Re: It's Official: MS pays FUDsters to promote agenda!

  • Subject: Re: It's Official: MS pays FUDsters to promote agenda!
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 Jan 2007 17:28:52 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Karen Hill ] on Monday 22 January 2007 21:52 \__
>

> > http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/01/an_interesting_offer.html
> >
> Nothing new. yet more proof that there's Microsoft astroturfing everywhere.
>
> From the above
>
> An interesting offer: get paid to contribute to Wikipedia
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So I was a little surprised to receive email a couple of days ago
> | from Microsoft saying they wanted to contract someone independent
> | but friendly (me) for a couple of days to provide more balance on
> | Wikipedia concerning ODF/OOXML. I am hardly the poster boy of
> | Microsoft partisanship! Apparently they are frustrated at the
> | amount of spin from some ODF stakeholders on Wikipedia and blogs.
> `----
>

> You hear that? "Balance"? That's exactly the words which trolls in this
> newsgroups have been using.

Yes, balance. To correct the FUD and spin put out there by liars like
Roy Schestowitz. If you had any honesty (which you obviously don't) you
wouldn't have posted this out of context and would include the
following paragraph which explains exactly what the AUTHOR is saying,
and not what you would like to fool others into believing.

<quote>
Apparently they are frustrated at the amount of spin from some ODF
stakeholders on Wikipedia and blogs.
I think I'll accept it: FUD enrages me and MS certainly are not hiring
me to add any pro-MS FUD, just to correct any errors I see. If anyone
sees any examples of incorrect statements on Wikipedia or other similar
forums in the next few weeks, please let me know: whether anti-OOXML or
anti-ODF. In fact, I already had added some material to Wikipedia
several months ago, so it is not something new, so I'll spend a couple
of days mythbusting and adding more information.
</quote>

> Busted. Another one for the inompelete list.

Actually it looks like you Roy Schestowitz is busted again for being a
deceitful little liar. By the way, where is all that FUD that you
claimed some MVP was submitting to Digg? Oh that's right, that was
nothing more but another one of your pathetic little lies.