[News] Microsoft Holds Secret Meeting to Discuss Its Windows Zombies

Cyberthreat experts to meet at secretive conference

,----[ Quote ]
| Botnets are networks of hijacked computers, popularly called
| zombies. Cybcercrooks use these networks to relay spam, bring
| down Web sites, distribute spyware and perform other nefarious
| acts. Microsoft has fingered zombies as a top threat to
| Windows PCs.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6151860.html

Why it is secretive and why is it being managed by Microsoft rather than take
place in independent, neutral grounds and involve people from many
backgrounds? _We_ are the main sufferers (SPAM, DDOS attacks, increased ISP
costs, identity theft, server downtimes), not them.

More choices are being made behind everybody's backs (see Microsoft's very
recent flirts with the RIAA below).

Related:

Music industry meeting could change the Zune

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2007/01/music_industry_meeting_could_change_the_zune.html
http://tinyurl.com/y7z5wl